SOCIAL MEDIA

8.18.2012

The Liebster Award

The other day, one of my lovely readers, Greta of Send by Owl, awarded me the Liebster! Pretty exciting and so flattering :)
The Liebster Award is for blogs that have 200 followers or less.

The word "Liebster" is German for kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, valued, cute, pleasant, endearing and welcome. It's a great opportunity to meet other bloggers and gain more followers. Such a great idea, right?


The rules for accepting the award are as follows:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you. 
3. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag with the award. 
4. Choose 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) and tag them in your post.
5. Go to their page and tell them about the award (social networks accepted).
6. If you have not done so already, follow the tagger and visit at least three nominees. Spread the love! And remember, no tag backs!

11 things about me:
1. I wear fake glasses. And pretend that they are real sometimes when people ask me.
2. I took AP studio art my senior year of high school and I hated it.
3. I really love shooting film photos, even more than digital. I just wish I took my film camera out with me more
4. I work at Lucky Brand Jeans.
5. I love having fresh flowers in my room.
6. It is my dream to have a shop in which I can have a studio to work in, run a photography business in, and serve tea and sell local artists' books AND have people feel welcome to sit on comfy chairs to enjoy their tea and art. All in one shop.
6. Last summer I spent a month at a summer art school in LA.
7. I love the ocean. It is especially magical at night.
8. I want to live in San Francisco at some point in my life. Preferably with my two best friends.
9. I have a fear of my dog dying. I don't know what I'll actually do when it is time for him to leave me.
10. I am a Nikon girl, for my film and digital. My digital is a Nikon D3000 and my film is the original Nikon F.
11. One of my photographs hung in a museum in Sacramento for a month.

 Questions from Greta
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging to share my interests and to document life with my dog, Marly. And I thought it would be a fun way to get to know different types of people from around the globe.

2. What does the title of your blog mean?
The title of my blog is comes from the song Dog Problems by The Format.
I guess I thought it would be kind of ironic for a blog about a girl and her dog!

3. How are you trying to grow your blog?
I am trying to grow my blog by making connections with other people in the blogging world, sponsoring other blogs, and reading other blogs that are relatively new like mine!

4. What is your go to website when you need a laugh?
The e-card section of Pinterest. Gosh those things are just so sarcastic and snarky. I love it.

5. What movie can you not wait to see?
I'm actually pretty excited to see a movie about surfing called Chasing Mavericks. I love surfing and surfing culture!

6. Shoes or Purses? Or something else?
Shoes! I especially love boots. I'm starting to get more into heels and wedges though, but I think it is hard for an 18-year-old to wear them on an everyday occasion. I feel like I'm trying to be older when I do!
I have some great purses too though...

7. One thing you have to do everyday?
Hug someone. Especially my dad. I just like hugs!

8. Favorite Fall Activity?
As a family, we used to go to a farm and have a picnic, get a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch, and some candy and nuts from the little store they have.

9. Whats your weird/quirky obsession?
I really love Irish guys. After watching the movie P.S. I Love You, I decided that I needed to go to Ireland with my sister and we needed to find ourselves some cute Irish guys to marry. She's married with three kids, but you know... Details, small details...
I'd be okay with a Scottish guy too.

10. Favorite Beverage?
Arizona Southern Style Sweet Tea AND mango black milk tea with boba. Such a hard choice...

11. Favorite Meal?
It's a tie between enchiladas and chili with cornbread.

My awards go to:
The Magpie
Emily Lunt
Southern (California) Belle

Okay, So I know that isn't 11. BUT it is pretty hard to find smaller blogs! Most of the blogs I enjoy reading have a lot more followers than 200 and I don't want to just give it to random blogs!

So, here is my compromise. I want YOU to pick a few (or just one if you want) of my questions and answer them in the comments. I'd love to know more about my readers! Sound good?

The questions:
1. Where would you travel if money and time were no object?
2. Where is your favorite place to shop?
3. What is your favorite book (okay, or a few!)?
4. Are you a Mac or PC person?
5. The beach or the mountains?
6. What is your favorite season and why?
7. Favorite TV shows?
8. What's your favorite blog to read? (I always love finding new ones!)
9. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
10. Who was the best teacher you ever had and what made them so special?
11. If you could tell someone something you've never been able to say, what would it be?

Well, that's all folks. I look forward to reading your answers! Hope your weekend is going well :)
Jeannee said...

Congrats on such a sweet award! Love the little black dog! I was surprised you had no comments back yet ;( so I decided to give it a go (I removed the #s because I skipped some ?s) :

What is your favorite book? Just one?! No way! Everything I own has bookmarks - not kidding!

The beach or the mountains? - Ya know, I would always, always, say BEACH, are you kidding?! but where I live now - I open my front door and literally -mountains! right there! and I love it! So - hmmm ...

What is your favorite season and why? It has to be now - early fall, where it's cool enough to breathe and its good sleeping weather for doggys and people ;)

Favorite TV shows? Something with drama BUT it has to be a believable story line.

What's your favorite blog to read? (I always love finding new ones!) I think I'm getting with this like my books ;) There is my own (shameless plug!): 63jeannee.blogspot.com

Are you an early bird or a night owl? Night owl -always have been :)


Emily said...

Awww I'm so flattered that I made your list! Thank you! I'm a huge Format fan and I was wondering if your title was from their song, now I know!
Favorite place to shop - Forever 21 and thrift stores (all so classy)
Beach or mountains is a hard question, so I say, both!
And Mac all the way!

Jess said...

YES! I am so happy to meet another Format fan!!! seriously one of my all time favorites. it kind of annoys me that Fun. is super popular now because i'm just like "wait! but what about the format?!"

Ashley of Southern (California) Belle said...

Thanks for nominating me! I'm going to make sure and fill this out asap :)

xo

Ashley

Southern (California) Belle

Katherine said...

love the end photo of marly! so cute! and i loved reading this -i didn't know your title was after a song! at all! i will have to go look that up

<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails